Scheduled Tasks provide a means to run unattended scans at a scheduled time. Scan can be configured to run Once, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly and can be configured to email a DiskFerret scan file link to one or more individuals when scans are completed. The Schedule Tasks dialog also provides a means to manage completed scans.
To access the Scheduled Tasks configuration dialog click the task icon on the toolbar, or select Tools->Scheduled Tasks from the application menu.
To add a new task, click the Create New button in the toolbar. This enables all of the controls in the Schedule Details section of the dialog. Task Options include:
· Task name – A name that you will recognize later.
· Paths – The path(s) that you want to scan. Multiple paths are separated by a semi-colon. If you enter a path for a mapped network drive it is automatically converted to a UNC. Scheduled tasks are executed by the DiskFerret service and mapped drive letters are not global to the system. Each logon session receives its own set of drive letters from A to Z. Therefore, redirected drives cannot be shared between processes running under different user accounts. Moreover, a service (or any process running within its own logon session) cannot access the drive letters that were established within a different logon session. The solution is to always use a UNC path.
· Frequency – Define how often the task should run; Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
· End date – The date when the task should no longer be executed, or select No end date to always run the task.
· Next due date – The date and time the task should be executed.
· Week days – Displayed when Frequency is Daily. Specify which days of the week the scan should be executed.
· Scan file storage path - The storage path for the scan file generated by the task.
· Collect File Ownership – Capture file owner for each file and include in the scan file.
· Find Duplicate Files – Capture duplicate file information (this only applies if you have DiskFerret configured to compute CRCs).
· Email Scan File Link – When a task is complete, email a link to the DiskFerret scan file.
· Email Address – One or more email addresses to receive the scan file link.
· User Credentials – If the user account that id being used by your DiskFerret service account has the appropriate access to the specified paths then select the “Use DiskFerret service user credentials” choice. If the paths require a different user’s credentials then select “Use scan specific user credentials. The user credentials that you enter must have appropriate access to the file system. If the user account does not have the appropriate credentials your scan task will fail.
· Test connection with specified path – When specifying scan specific user credentials this button will be enabled, allowing you to ensure that the specified credentials can connect to the specified paths.
To edit an existing task, double click the task in the table view, or select the task row and click the Edit button in the toolbar.
To delete a task, select the task row and click the Delete button in the toolbar.
Tip: When you are adding or editing a task, values that are required but have not yet been supplied have a pink background color.
Completed task are listed on the dialog’s Completed tab.
To open a completed scan file, double click the task in the table, or select the task row and click the Open button in the toolbar.
To delete a completed task and its associated scan file, select the task row and click the Delete button in the toolbar.
Tip: If the scan file for a completed task does not exist, because of a scan error, or because the scan file has been deleted, the Open button in the toolbar will be disabled..