DiskFerret is a disk and folder analysis tool. It
analyzes the files on a disk drive, or within a folder, and provides charts and
detailed information to help you understand where and how disk space is being
You can think of DiskFerret as a measuring device that you
use to determine what is going on inside your disk drive.
Some Intended Purposes
Following are examples of how people use DiskFerret:
- Find and remove duplicate files.
- Determine which folders contain files that are using the
most disk space.
- Find the largest, smallest, oldest, or newest files stored
on a disk.
- Determine the amount of space used by each user on a
- Quickly find and delete unwanted or unnecessary files to
free up disk space.
- Protect your privacy by removing Internet Explorerís
temporary internet files, web site cookies, browsing history, typed URLs, related
index.dat files, and the desktop run and most recent documents history.